Kenny is a Bilingual Birdies Spanish teacher who has traveled all over and loves meeting all different kinds of people. He has studied music therapy at the Masters level, and is sensitive to children’s needs. Kids love jamming with him!
- Name: Kenneth Baracaldo
- City, country you are from: First generation Colombian-American. Parents are from Bogota, Colombia.
- Name of college and what you studied: Molloy College
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: It gives me the opportunity to work with children, play music, and teach spanish.
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Juan Luis Guerra
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: I do different special things with each group. I’m proud that I am able to adapt to different group dynamics in order to sustain children’s attention and musical engagement.
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: I believe that it sets you up for success in the future. To be able to communicate in more than one language means to expand your horizon, perspective, and understanding.
- Favorite part of a BB class: Dance party!