Meet Malcolm! Malcolm teaches Spanish for Bilingual Birdies with pep and caring. Kids especially love Myla Birdie puppet time with him!
- Name: Malcolm March
- City, country you are from: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Name of college and what you studied: American Music and Dramatic Academy
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: As an actor, you are often advised to approach every creative endeavor “as if it were the first time.” At each Bilingual Birdies class, the children remind me that every moment is a new moment. They inspire me while I teach them — it’s the perfect balance!
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Jorge Fandermole
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: I focus the class agenda on the children’s creativity. I’m very inclusive and as an actor, always want to find ways to engage the kids through fun dramatic techniques as well.
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: It’s a great chance to open doors for the future, making it easier to have more opportunities in life. I think that learning languages is very important because it also expands a child’s world view, helping him/her to understand that there are other exciting cultures around the world.
- Favorite part of a BB class: When the kids meet Myla birdie!