Shu is one of our friendly Mandarin teachers. She is currently studying Music Therapy at NYU, and loves to pay attention to the individuality of each child in her Bilingual Birdies classes. She’ll have your kid singing and smiling for hours after class!
- Name: Shu Wang
- City, country you are from: Kaifeng City, Henan Province, China
- Name of college and what you studied: New York University, Graduate Music Therapy
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: I love to bring a fun learning experience to children and their families — I enjoy every moment I spend with them, and we both grow from our time together!
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Faye Wong
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: Meeting children where they are at (developmental level, interest, emotion, etc.), following the children’s lead, and being directive when needed. I’m energetic, silly, and fun-loving!
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: Children learn the pronunciation of language quicker and more sensitively when they start at a younger age. It also builds a base for future language learning and cultural sensitivity as they grow and mature.
- Favorite part of a BB class: Bubble dance party, Myla picking apples, the theme song and movement, the parachute….. I love everything!!!