Meet Sol! As bright as her name, Solange is also the lead singer of the Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra. Yes, her Spanish classes are electric! She has a special connection to young children and it shows in every guitar strum, dance move, and hug!
- Name: Solange Prat
- City, country you are from: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Name of college and what you studied: Escuela de Musica Contemporanea
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: Because it gives me the opportunity to teach something that I love, language, through my passion, music and it also connects me with my roots.
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Hard to choose just one; Luis Alberto Spinetta, Fito Paez (Argentina) Bomba Estereo (Colombia)
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: I try to connect with the children through music and different sounds, melodies, songs and games. I also started blowing this very cool slide whistle that makes a funny sound and they love it.
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: Because I think that this is the moment where the brain is more prone to absorb everything and it is so much easier than doing it when you are a grown up. Talking out of personal experience… (started learning English at 6 and learning Italian at 13).
- Favorite part of a BB class: Hugs and kisses from the kids at the beginning and end of the class!