Veronica uses her incredible vocal range to make her Spanish classes fun, engaging, and effective!
- Name: Veronica Tierra
- City, country you are from: Medellin, Colombia.
- Name of college and what you studied: Currently at Queensborough Community College, Music Major. Vocal Technique with a private coach, and Theatre in NYC and Miami
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: I love working with kids and singing is my passion; What a better way to enjoy a job?!
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Buika and Jessie J
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: Having fun WITH them is the most important thing, but also making sure they understand I am “a fun boss, but the boss nonetheless”, and making sure they trust me.
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: It is easier to grasp a language. It is never a bad thing to speak more than one language. Knowing another language opens your mind to other cultures beyond your own and this is so important to the development of a mind/personality.
- Favorite part of a BB class: I love interacting with the kids. Finding out what they like so I can better teach them and at the same time, it’s like being a kid again! 🙂