Clara will have everyone laughing and learning with her puppetry, theatrics, songs and games. Don’t miss this adorable Uruguayan rock your feathers!
- Name: Clara Hill
- City, country you are from: Montevideo, Uruguay
- Name of college and what you studied:
American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) – Musical Theatre
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: I truly believe in the importance of learning different languages and I’m certain that music is the best way of teaching them!
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Charly Garcia, La Triple Nelson
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: When things get a little bit noisy or the kiddos get distracted I usually play this one soothing chord on my ukulele and everyone automatically gets quiet and looks my way. The magic of music!
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: If kids are exposed to different sounds while growing up it’s much easier for them to incorporate the new language. That’s why music, songs and rhymes, help so much. Even if maybe at first they’re not entirely sure what each word means, they are able to recognize the new sounds and comprehend the overall meaning. The whole process is so effective and important at this stage in life. I can tell in every class that the children are truly a part of something so meaningful.
- Favorite part of a BB class: I love when Myla comes out and plays with us! The power of puppetry in social-emotional development is really amazing. I see how excited and engaged the children get when they have an opportunity to empathize with Myla as well as show off the new Spanish words they have learned in class. It’s all very fun to be a part of and witness!