Flor has an outstanding ability to entertain while she educates by using her captivating puppetry skills to keep children focussed and learning in each class!
- Name: Florencia Cuenca
- City, country you are from: Mexico City, Mexico
- Name of college and what you studied:
Teatro Cultural Virginia Fábregas – Musical Theatre
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: Because it gives me the opportunity to share my first language. It fills me with pride to be able to share my culture with others through music. Music is a very important part of my life.
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Juan Luis Guerra, Marc Anthony.
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: Being active, fun and playful. I talk to the children as I would like someone to talk to me, it is important to me that they feel understood and empowered. By smiling all the time, I also take a friendly approach so they feel secure and comfortable for a magic and fun learning experience.
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: The world is now about diversity, especially in New York City. Knowing different languages gives you the opportunity to meet and engage with more people and learn from them. It also gives you an open mind which allows you to embrace diversity and respect cultural differences. In the professional world, a second language can provide better opportunities to find a job.
- Favorite part of a BB class: The welcome and hello section. I have the opportunity to get to know many children from different backgrounds. Children are always open to learn and they are fast learners, we should learn from them.