Susanne’s jazzy background will have you singing every new word you learn and her enchanting puppetry will inspire your child to repeat words in French all week along.
- Name: Susanne Layton
- City, country you are from: Olympia, WA, USA
- Name of college and what you studied:
University of Michigan/ Musical Theater and French
- How/Why is your work at BB meaningful to you: It combines my love of music and language, and allows me to share it with kids and get them excited about learning new things!
- Favorite adult band/singer in the language you teach: Carla Bruni
- Your special way of getting the children’s attention or unique teaching technique: I am pretty strict about listening and paying attention, and want to make sure every child has a chance to be heard!
- One reason why you think learning a foreign language is important at a young age: It instills a curiosity about the world, beyond what is familiar from their own culture and everyday life.
- Favorite part of a BB class: My favorite part is the singing!